water fun

water fun

Monday, May 2, 2011

Onto the New Stage of Existance

So my husbands ex-wife passed away last night of a fatal heart attack. I meet her and we became friendly acquaintances.  It always gives way to thought of what lies ahead for us after we pass on from out mortal existence.  She was not much older than me. Only 4 years older so it causes me to wonder if I could be in the same boat.  I know she had some other underlying health problems that contributed to her young release from life.  In some ways my believe and faith of post-mortal existence and the Plan of Our Heavenly Father, (the Plan of Salvation) gives me comfort to know that she goes on and can continue to live and grow. 

My heart does ache for her husband who she has been married to for just over a year if that.  And her children that she leaves behind.  I am sure that they will in time come to where the ache of the loss lessens and the memory of their mother remains sweet. 

I do not like thinking of my children being without a parent in their most impressionable times in their lives.  And call me selfish but I sure hope and pray that one of my challenges in life is not that of one to loose a child.  I know that we will all live again in the resurrection to follow the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. I know that we will all have the opportunity to grow and learn further until that time.  But the hardness and difficulty of loosing a loved one is hard.  It is a necessary step in life to grieve for those who go before us. 

We all grieve in different ways.  Some will cry others will become silent, some become angry while others will seem at peace.  Each missing the person some with knowledge of the Greatness that is yet to come.  Others left with a void wondering why the one they loved was taken from the earth. There is so much that we are not able to comprehend and are yet able to understand or have even been told.  But the truth is out there and we will all have to face that truth someday.  Lets hope for us all it is a day of great rejoicing and peace with that I leave my thoughts.  And now I go one with my day.  If not for good like I hope at least one day I am loving stronger and holding on to the small precious moments.

1 comment:

  1. That was a sweet post, thanks. I am sorry she passed away, I hope her family finds peace. I can't imagine losing a loved one, or a child. Soo sad. Thanks for your example of faith.

    ReplyDelete