water fun

water fun

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Is That All

There are some phrases that are innocent enough but really get under my skin.  On of those is when someone says "Is that all your going to do?".  To me it seems to be demeaning to what I am doing.  I start to think what is it not good enough for you?  Or Do you not know how much time and effort goes into this activity?  I am a mom my duties are many so when I say I am doing laundry today or cleaning the kids room or going grocery shopping today don't say is that all you are doing to me unless you want a death stare.  Unless I am sick than no its not ALL I am doing.  Lets see a list.  I have kids to wake up, feed, clean up after, dress, potty train, entertain, get to take a nap, teach, read to, and discipline.  That in and of its self is a lot.  And unless you have been there you can not know how demanding it is to be a mom.  Lets then add everything else to do in the week.  We have 2 bathrooms to clean, Master bedroom, kids room both organized and cleaned weekly, Dishes to do, vacuuming to be done.  Laundry when needed which is washing drying, folding and putting away.  Now lets add an outside job to the list.  I have duties I have for work. Things that need to be done for work hours taken out of my day that take away from everything else. Then lets add in any spiritual needs to be done. Personal study time, Family study time... this list can go on as well for there is always stuff to do.  So no when I say I am doing one thing that is not ALL I am going to do.  Yes I do have my lazy days. I don't know who does not, but even then when I say I am going to relax don't say "Is that all". Instead try saying "Sounds good" or just nothing at all.

1 comment:

  1. Good post I like it! Just ignore mean people when they say things like that. You do a lot, and all us Moms out there know it!

    ReplyDelete