water fun

water fun

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hormones

        Let me tell you something about a pregnant woman's hormones.  Now this is not scientific but is something  from my point of view.  All women will not fall into this but from my experience many do.  There is no logic or reason to my emotions anymore.  There are things that are going to make me mad that other times will make me cry or laugh.  What you think my reaction will be from past experience will not be the case.  You see me burst into tears because water is taking to long to boil so the next time you think I will react the same way.  That is logical deduction.  Not so. This time I boil water and get mad because it is boiling to fast. Or am quite content and happy because I think it is all going perfect.

My reality is that I am growing another living human being inside me.  This changes the body.  This does things to my hormone levels.  You think PMS is bad well I am going to be 10 times worse.  I will have mood swings and I do not like them just as much as you don't like them.  There will be times I will want comfort and then there will be times comfort will be the worst thing that can happen.  When should you comfort me? That is a good question.  I don't even know half the time.

And don't let me watch the news.  I will end up crying by the end or getting so upset about life that I will go off on a tangent and you will not get me down.  And any pregnancy show will make me question and wonder if the same thing is happening to me.  If the woman on tv has a still birth or any complications I will be depressed and worried about it until I find some way to make my mind at ease.  I may not be rational now.  But believe me what ever I say its best to agree.  At least for 9 months.

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling Jen!! I came home from work on Friday and just burst in to tears and couldn't stop crying the whole night. I sure do love Jared for being so willing to put up with me! :) Can't wait to have you as neighbors! Yay!

    ReplyDelete